Jewelry Appraisals for...
Estates & Trusts
AGA Certified Gem Lab
Certified Insurance Appraiser
Diamond, Jewelry, Gemstone & Watch Appraisals
By Appointment Only
Independent Diamond, Jewelry, Gemstone & Watch Appraisals
San Diego Jewelry Appraiser
At A. L. Jacobs & Sons Gemologist Appraisers, your appraisal will be performed according to the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) and those of the National Association of Jewelry Appraisers (NAJA).
All appraisal assignments are by appointment. In most cases, the completed appraisal document will be delivered to you at the end of your appointment. Each piece of jewelry will be weighed, measured and described in detail.
Your Jewelry Appraisal will be professionally prepared to the highest standards.
- Gemstones will be identified, graded, measured and their weights calculated.
- Metal content will be tested and determined.
- All diamonds over one carat will be issued a complete grading analysis, with color, clarity and cutting proportions listed. The internal characteristics of the diamond will be diagrammed (plotted) and included with the report.
- Colored gemstone grading analysis will be done for colored stones when appropriate.
- Enlarged color digital photographs of each piece will be incorporated in the document.
- Photomicrographs (photos through the microscope) are available if needed for insurance claims, etc.
- All grading systems used in the document will be explained.
- An explanation of the definition of value will be included, together with instructions for the appropriate use of the appraisal document.
In vault, rush, or onsite appraisals are available at an additional fee.
Please feel free to contact Chris Jacobs, CSA, GG, with any questions.
©Copyright 2008-2011 G-Force Services. All rights reserved.